Power Surge Sparks Fire Inside University Of Ibadan’s Faculty Of Education

0
149

The fire outbreak that occurred on Wednesday at the Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan which completely razed a particular room identified as “common room” has been linked to a power surge by the University management.

The fire incident began around 9:00pm during torrential rainfall.

According to reports, the power surge was further triggered by a cooking gas in the common room. Equipment for social interaction and networking by teaching and non-teaching staff members were completely razed in the resulting fire outbreak.

While reacting to fire outbreak news, the University’s Director of Communication, Olatunji Oladejo confirmed the incident to newsmen; “yes, I can confirm to you that there was a fire incident last night”.

However, contrary to the insinuations that the whole faculty was engulfed in fire, it is not true as the incident only affected the common room of the faculty. The affected room was completely razed as we couldn’t lay hands on anything after the incident. We thank God that no life was lost.

Oladejo thanked the men of the Oyo State Fire Service for helping the campus firemen to put out the fire, from spreading beyond the affected area

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here